Japanse tuinen en ikebana/Japanese gardens and Ikebana

Op deze blog zullen we berichtjes en informatie plaatsen over Japanse tuinen en ikebana.
Japanese gardens, floral design and musings about living a good life.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Snip Snap Lesson 2




I am more focused and find myself holding body and my shears with a bit more confidence…and this is good, because I am working with sturdy rhododendrun and brave snap dragons. In Ilse’s demonstration, she carefully coaxed the stiff twigs between two practiced hands to follow a new curve. Gentle, persistent pressure releases little pops in newer growth but older, stiffer twigs need a little snip to help them along a new direction.


Once again, Ilse encourages more pruning than is immediately apparent to me, but the results are encouraging. When I make the arrangement at home later in the evening, it looks almost as good as at the atelier.



No comments:

Post a Comment