Japanse tuinen en ikebana/Japanese gardens and Ikebana

Op deze blog zullen we berichtjes en informatie plaatsen over Japanse tuinen en ikebana.
Japanese gardens, floral design and musings about living a good life.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

te-hodoki


There is a word in Japanese, te-hodoki, which means the first steps or initiation. Although the first steps are taken with the hands, the heart must be involved as well.
Teshigahara Sofu KADENSHO

This week I will resume my ikebana lessons that were interrupted with illness and then holidays. I read KADENSHO straight through one wintry afternoon and then found myself opening the pages from time to time for reminders that extend from these thoughts on how to make ikebana into how to make a good life. I hope my body remembers some of “the moves” but also that I can keep an open heart with the flowers and every day, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment