Japanse tuinen en ikebana/Japanese gardens and Ikebana

Op deze blog zullen we berichtjes en informatie plaatsen over Japanse tuinen en ikebana.
Japanese gardens, floral design and musings about living a good life.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

In the Water Where The City Ends



"I perceive my view of life and death as like the wind and mountains. I am powerless and helpless in never-ending time and never-stopping universal cycles. Whatever is caused by nature, it is, after all, natural things to humans. Yes, there is so much sadness and sorrow. But we have to remind ourselves we are nothing but a part of nature. By accepting the facts, little by little, I woke up this morning to start another new day."----Hideyuki Katsumata

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful and sad all at the same time. I just moved back here to Antwerp last August after living in Tokyo for almost three years and I miss it so much. We were there for the earthquake and it was the most terrifying experience. This illustration and song are beautiful, I shared it so that my friends back there can appreciate it too. I came across your blog when I was looking for Japanese garden centres in Antwerp. I am planning on making a Japanese garden in my home and last Sunday, the 1st anniversary of the EQ, tsunami and nuclear power plant incident my husband and I were clearing out some old heathers so that we could put down grass seed to simplify and unify the garden. We made great progress and so I placed the snow viewing lantern that I purchased in Tokyo and lit a candle at night time to remember those lost in Tohoku. I wanted to ask you if you know where I can buy nature stones that I can use as stepping stones for a path through my moss garden? Happy I found your site and will continue to keep checking here. Regards Angela

    ReplyDelete