Japanse tuinen en ikebana/Japanese gardens and Ikebana

Op deze blog zullen we berichtjes en informatie plaatsen over Japanse tuinen en ikebana.
Japanese gardens, floral design and musings about living a good life.

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Autumn


In front of our house we have a big red leaved maple. One day after some windy and luckily dry days we had a lovely carpet of red, brown and orange leaves at our front step.

Seeing all this leaves I thought I was convinced I had to use the leaves in an arrangement. I asked my husband to bring me some boxes to store the leaves. Luckily he knows me and doesn't asks questions when he thinks I lost it :).  The leaves were stored in the boxes next to our entrance door. 

So after passing my boxes with leaves for two weeks, and a lot of questions from my ikebana students and visitors, I came up with the idea to make an arrangement with the emphasis on dry and fresh leaves.

I hope you like it.

Ilse
Floral Artist
www.facebook.com/ikebanabelgium


Photography: Ben Huybrechts

1 comment:

  1. A stunning work, very effectively contrasting dry with fresh, red with green, cube mass with sweeping lines.

    ReplyDelete